Alan Anderson

Sub 3

John Cumming

Sub 4

Darrenb Jackson

Sub 5

John Robertson

Formation

3-4-3 - Solid at the back, allowing any of Jardine, Levein, McKay or Naysmith to charge upfield.

A couple of hard tackling/forward thinking midfielders and a sublime front 3! Strength in depth in the subs.

Reasons For Picking Team

1. CRUIKY for the agility and longevity in the 1st team,

McKENZIE because my father-in-law said he was such a decent and "thorough" tackler,

WEE GARY for his skill in defending and attacking.

SANDY JARDINE - maybe the most professional and laidback player I ever saw.

DAVE McKAY - never saw him, but from tv and from what my father says of his Derby County days, my all-time hero! The ultimate in captains (which is another reason why I could have McKenzie instead of Bobby Parker).

LEVEIN - The original silky skills merchant!

FlOGEL - technically so good, excellent tackler and always a threat.

THE BUZZ BOMB - what can I say - one of THE heroes of the 1970s.

CONN, WARDHAUGH and BAULD - you cannot separate them!

Subs: NEIMI - can't really choose between him and Cruiky.

ALAN ANDERSON - another inspiring leader who spoke to me at the Centenary Open Day (reason enough!).

JOHN CUMMING - only on the bench because of Jardine and Levein. In a word- brilliant! Jackson - the workrate, the passing, the trickery and the delight in taking the p*** out of the opposition!

ROBBO - only on the bench becaise you can't split CBW! The 'I wish it was a 20 a side game' candidates: Willie Gibson, Willie Johnstone, Henry Smith, Walter Kidd, Gary McKay, Colin Cameron, Kenny Aird, Rab Prentice, John Colqohoun, Jim Jefferies, Bobby Parker.