London Hearts Supporters Club

Report Index--> 2008-09--> All for 20081025
<-Page <-Team Sat 25 Oct 2008 Hearts 1 Aberdeen 1 Team-> Page->
<-Srce <-Type Scotsman ------ Report Type-> Srce->
Csaba Laszlo <-auth Barry Anderson auth-> Steve Conroy
[D Mackie 13]
14 of 015 Lee Wallace 21 L SPL H

Laszlo's anger at referee's dithering

CSABA LASZLO today revealed his thoughts on Saturday's penalty controversy at Tynecastle and insisted there was definite contact between Michael Stewart and Jamie Langfield.
After poring over television replays of the incident, the Hearts manager spoke to the Evening News and questioned the length of time taken by referee Steve Conroy and his assistant Chris Young to award and then rescind the penalty.

Conroy instantly pointed to the spot when Stewart fell under Jamie Langfield's 84th-minute challenge. After deliberating with Young, he then went back on his decision and awarded Aberdeen a goal kick, thereby denying Hearts the chance of a likely winning goal with the match evenly poised at 1-1.

Laszlo became embroiled in confrontations at full-time with fourth official John McKendrick and Aberdeen coach Sandy Clark, and may now find himself reported to the Scottish Football Association.

Speaking in depth for the first time about the incident, he said: "We watched the video and I can tell you what I saw. The ball was played by Michael Stewart, the goalkeeper came out and had a collision. Whether you give this penalty or not is not the question, my opinion is about the time taken to give the penalty and then take it back.

"The communication was very long and maybe this was the problem. A lot of people are talking about this.

"If you watch the television it is very hard to decide. If you see the referee, he is very clear it was a penalty. Then came the assistant referee who told him it was not a penalty. We don't have any problem accepting this.

"I was not angry about the referee, I was more angry about the possibilities we had (to score] even after the penalty.

"I went on to the field to talk with my players but I was not angry about the referee, definitely not. We did not have any conversation."

McKendrick appeared to strike Laszlo with his electronic substitutes board in an effort to restrain him at full-time, but the Hungarian does not believe his actions were worthy of disciplinary action.

"In my opinion there was nothing to report, he did not tell me anything," he said. "After the game is finished, I have the right and everybody has the right to go on to the field.

"If you begin to discuss with the referee it is another situation but I did not discuss anything with him. The fourth official talked to me.

"The fourth official tried to stop me going on the field. I told him, 'this is okay, I can go on to the field to talk with my players'. We had so many scoring chances, if you watch the DVD, Cesnauskis had a chance and the ball came out to Jamie Mole and he put it over the goal. About this I was very angry."

Taken from the Scotsman

<-Page <-Team Sat 25 Oct 2008 Hearts 1 Aberdeen 1 Team-> Page->
| Home | Contact Us | Credits | © |