Dave MacPherson

Sub 3

Thomas Flogel

Sub 4

Sandy Clark

Sub 5

Scott Crabbe

Formation

4-4-2, with the flexibility to change to 4-3-3 or even 4-2-4.

Reasons For Picking Team

Niemi - Best keeper i've ever seen bar none.

McLaren - Solid defender, maybe RB not his best position but was still superb there for us. Would sit on the right allowing

Naysmith - to bomb forward and link with Bannon.

Levein - superb defender, had it all - pace, good in the air, solid in the tackle, could play football from the back, read the game excellently and was/is a great leader and organiser.

Ritchie - no nonsense defender, pacy, strong and would have been a great partner for Levein if they'd been around at the same time.

Colquhoun - Fast & skillfull up the right wing. Able to either hit the bye line & put crosses in or to cut inside and become a goal threat himself.

Mackay - On 86 form he was one of the best around. Hard working and skillful, with great passing ability.

Cameron - fantastic workrate, covered every inch of the park. But certainly not short on ability, and was always a very potent goal threat.

Bannon - Class down the left, not as fast as some wide players, but didnt need to beat his man to swing a good cross in. Another hard worker, and another goal threat from the midfield.

Adam - Although we only saw him at his peak for 1 season that was good enough for me. Fast and strong, very good at holding the ball up to allow others to join the attack and a great outlet for the defence to hit long balls to if needed. Also knew where the onion bag was.

Robbo - dont really need to justify this one.